Sunday, April 20, 2014

Resurrection: Missing!



Word association
Kiasu = Singaporean
Apple = iphone
Samsung = galaxy
Missing = MH 370
                 saewo ferry


Plane disappears
Different theories
Events that change the world


Jesus disappears
Different theories
Events that change the world

Stolen body theory
Disciples made up story theory


Wrong tomb theory
Swoon theory

Yet changed lives of disciples and others who claim Jesus is alive testify to the fact of the resurrection


Many of us here today 
Powerful witness of the resurrection
Resurrection is at the centre of the Christian faith.

What does that mean to you?
Plane disappears
Different theories
Events that change the world

Implication?

Gives us hope
Not merely to exist.

God has given us new birth.
Makes the soul lively and vigorous.

We can survive
40 days without food
8 days without water
4 minutes without air
Not a second without hope.

No hope leads to depression and destruction.


What is your primary source of hope?
Job?
Money?
Beauty?
Intellect?
Physique?

These don't give living hope.

How does Jesus give us living hope?
Past
Present
Future

Our past sin
Missed the mark
Trying to be our own savior
God gives us a second chance
New start in life
Forgive our sins

How do we know?

Because Jesus arose from the dead.

Jesus effective in clearing our debt to sin.



You can't get to the present until you let go of the past

Need to be honest about the past to three persons
1) yourself
2) God
3) another human



Resurrection gives you hope for the present
There is always hope
No matter what happens.

Circumstances may not change at the pace you want
But according to God's own timing.

He does promise he will be with you.
He is alive
He can hold you
Walk with you in the deepest darkest moments of life.

Into your time of darkness
Jesus comes to sustain you
He says
"Trust me I have gone through the darkest pit
I will see you through"

Testimony: Mary had multiple sclerosis and cancer
She says: there is no doubt that God is with me.

Jesus walks with you in your present.

God will walk with you in your future.
"I am the resurrection and the life."
When your loved ones die you grieve but you can grieve with hope.

Invitation
If you have not done so before you can invite Jesus to be leader of your life.

(Many times pastor makes this invitation but I don't write it down: 
today I did: perhaps you may want to respond)

Do you have a living relationship with Jesus?
Do you want to?
If so you can say to God something like this...

"God I have not figured it all out.
But I believe Jesus rose from the dead.

Because of his resurrection 
I have hope of my past
Hope for my present and 
Hope for my future.

From today Jesus will you be leader of my life?"

If you have said this to God please let someone know.
Email or FB me! Or any Christian friend.

We will help you know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment